Speaker: Uwe Ricken
Have you ever been in the situation that an application performed well the last day and – suddenly – you run into problems? Although you have Index Maintenance jobs and statistics up to date you will monitor a big degrade of performance! This session will demonstrate in a over 80 percent demo based presentation the following scenarios which happened this way in real life!
- Why performance degradation in spite of maintenance jobs?
- Just one more database in the result set and the query runs really bad – why?
- Usage of literals is completely different from the usage of variables – why?
- Identical data types but the query runs in part perfect and in part bad…
- Your execution plan shows an INDEX SEEK – but the table will be scanned!
- You get a query from the business which performs really badly but when you test it, it runs pretty cool – why?